The much anticipated Release 5.0
is now available. New features have been added to the Speaker Tester,
Woofer Tester Pro and the WT2. Here is a partial list:
Get the new software
- A new Exclusive mode driver effectively bpasses the standard audio engine, volume mixer, digital resampler and
digital effects. This driver can also detect when the environment is not set up properly. For the most part, the simply nneds to check
the 'Allow Exclusive Mode Access' button (the OS wont let us change that, but we can detect it) and it simply works!
- The ICD Crossover Template Wizard (full featured in WTPro) that makes it easier to create simple XO's. As before ICD allows *any*
filter topology, but having a starting point, or simply following a what-if strategy can be helpful as well. This wizard creates 1st-4th
order parallel, series, or arbitrary XO's simply by adjusting a few parameters. You can also change the Q, add
zobels, select loads and be running the new XO in a fraction of a second! Note: in the Speaker Tester the Wizard is limited to 1st order
- Using the time gate window it is possible to reject nearby reflections. This results in an anechoic like response for frequencies
whose wavelengths will fit inside the time gate window. For longer wavelengths (lower frequencies) the response is therefor invalid unless
the time gate is turned off. The full response can be found either by hand by splicing the two responses together or automatically using
- Many inputs (like the simulator) will now accept entries in either Metric or English. Entries are automatically converted to the
internal MKS system used for the internal calculations. For example, "1 inch" will be converted to 0.0254 meters and then displayed in a number
of user selectable formats.
- Microhone Compensation/Selection dialog: Compensation for microphone and line connected devices is now loaded through a
compensation matrix. In addition, a new microphone can be 'measured' from this interface.
- Tweak File: Software gain can now be applied to each input using SN(your SN here).TWK.
- SINAD Oscilloscope: The SINAD filter used in our testers is phase accurate, allowing the fundamental to be directly subtracted from the
original input. by displaying the remainder, clipping, crossover distortion and other phenomena that are synchronous to the original
signal are revealed. Clicking on the SINAD OSC button twice will also cause the instantaneous samples to be
displayed. Being phase synchronized, this oscilloscope mode operates much like a sampling oscilloscope where the displayed signal is built
over many cycles.
- FFT Peak Indicators/Spectrogram/Waterfall: New display options have been added to the FFT/Oscilloscope window
- SINAD/THD/IMD: Both measurement and refrence channels are now displayed
- Measurement Bubble/Tags: When enabled, hovering overing a data line will cause a pop up to open showing the value at that point.
Holding down the 'A' key will cause the relative difference between the current measurement and bubble point to be displayed.
- Pop Up Windows: A right click in the graphing area or over the real time meter will open a pop up window with useful options
- 3D color picker: This color picker allows the user to adjust the Z or P colors using a 'color cube'. A color cube altogether avoids the
problem of mapping a 3D color space into a 2D space by simply showing colors in 3D! The way to use this is to adjust the BLUE value to get a
different 2D slice of the RED and GREEN values.
- The Impulse Lead-In-Out slopes (time gate window) are now independently adjustable
- Refine Rem-Xem coefficients (WTPro only). These coeffiecients do not always give the best curve fit. With this tool, a new set of
coeficients are calculated such that the simulated impedance curve will pass through two user selected frequency points. Since F=BL*I
and the simulated response is proportional to the force driving the cone, improved impedance calculations leads to better simulations.
Copyright © 2011CS Audio, Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
Website by FinTree -www.fintree.com